Thursday, June 28, 2018

If you are afraid of darkness...


If you are afraid of darkness... You are afraid of your own soul.

The brightest light is in the darkest night

The ones who know their darkness, have the power to hold the light.

We all need to look into the dark side of our nature - that's where the energy is, the passion. People are afraid of that because it holds pieces of us we're busy denying.

“We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.” - Kahlil Gibran

"How, although this night brings darkness to the spirit, it does so in order to illumine it and give it light." - St. John of the Cross; Dark Night of the Soul

"Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee." - Psalm 139:12

“They wander in darkness seeking light, failing to realize that the light is in the heart of the darkness” - Manly P. Hall

“This is the Night wherein I am lost, the Love through which I am no longer I” - Aleister Crowley

“I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.” -Mary Oliver

"Both light and shadow are a dance of love." - Rumi

''For darkness restores what light cannot repair.'' - Joseph Brodsky

Our culture favors daylight, pleasant things, connection to others and togetherness. But just as sleep restores the body and mind, some struggles of the human heart can only be worked through in darkness, in uncertainty, in solitude, separated from others. It is difficult but inevitable and necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment